Our most popular combo tour will have you coming back wanting more! Explore the iconic Peekaboo Slot Canyon followed by the monolithic sand alcove nicknamed the “Great Chamber”.
BUCKSKIN GULCH & WIRE PASS OFF-ROAD TOUR
- Group of 1-2 People
- Group of 3 People
- Group of 4 People
- Group of 5 People
- Group of 6 People
- Group of 7 People
Buckskin Gulch goes on for miles!
One of the longest and deepest slot canyons on the planet, Buckskin Gulch goes on for miles and rarely gets wider than 20 feet. Temperatures within the canyon are much cooler than the surrounding sunny Red Rocks. You can often encounter puddles of water you’ll need to wade through.
- Permit Needed? No. There is a $6.50/person BLM land use pass needed that we can obtain and add to your tour cost.
- Distance: ~3 mile roundtrip (just to Wire Pass and back) with Buckskin ~6 miles roundtrip (depends on how quickly you want to go through the canyon in time allotted).
- Difficulty: 4.5 / 5 ( 1 = easy 5 = very hard )
- Terrain: Sand, sandstone, flat, shaded, some elevation incline, 15 foot drop in one location you have to try to scramble over (sometimes there is a ladder) OR the guide will take you on an alternate route.
- Weather: It’s about 10 degrees cooler in the slot canyon so dress appropriately. Bring your own water for hiking.
What to bring
- Comfortable Clothing for hiking
- Sun protection