This stunning rock formation is about 1 square mile of unique swirls and curious curves that may make you feel like you’ve stepped onto the planet Mars.
THE WAVE TOUR
Note: A permit is required for this trip.
- Group of 1-2 People
- Group of 3 People
- Group of 4 People
- Group of 5 People
- Group of 6 People
Explore an iconic jewel of southern Utah—The Wave!
The Wave, officially referred to as Coyote Buttes North, is an iconic jewel of southern Utah. The lack of access to real ocean waves in this desert climate is compensated for here as the striking geological sandstone formations create rock waves. If you are lucky enough to obtain a permit, the hike can be rugged and challenging but we promise it will exceed your expectations.
- Permit Needed? Yes. We’ll send you a link in your confirmation e-mail where you can obtain your permit.
- Distance: ~6-12 miles roundtrip (depending on how much hiking you do)
- Difficulty: 5 / 5 ( 1 = easy 5 = very hard )
- Terrain: Deep sand, some loose rock, sandstone, elevation gain both ways, no shade.
- Weather: It can be very hot in the summer, bring your own water for hiking.
What to bring
- Comfortable Clothing for hiking
- Sun protection