WHITE POCKET OFF-ROAD TOUR
- Per Person
White Pocket is a photographer’s happy place!
This stunning rock formation is about 1 square mile of unique swirls and curious curves that may make you feel like you’ve stepped onto the planet Mars. Often called “Brain Rock”, its iconic red, orange, and yellow rock formations have recently captured the attention of a company you may know, as it can now be seen as one of the wallpaper options on Apple products.
This longer tour is well worth it and definitely recommended as an equal alternative to the Wave, but no permit is needed! The sand en route is very deep but our high clearance four wheel drive vehicles and experienced guides make it so you don’t have to worry. We usually stop to see the California Condors release site where you can often see them nesting on the Vermillion Cliffs.
- Permit Needed? No.
- Distance: ~1.5-2.5 miles roundtrip (depending on how much hiking you do)
- Difficulty: 2.5 / 5 ( 1 = easy 5 = very hard )
- Terrain: Most flat (depending on what you want to see). You walk through sand to get there, and then uneven rock with a few places where you can climb up rocks and boulders if you want.
- Weather: Little to no shade. It’s recommended to bring your own lunch for this tour with foods that won’t upset your stomach on the bumpy roads. Bring your own water for hiking.
What to bring
- Comfortable Clothing for hiking
- Sun protection